1) Entry is open to all visual arts writers, and not limited to South Australian residents.
2) Entries close at 5pm Thursday 31 August 2017. Nominations are restricted to writing about living South Australian artists.
3) Self-nominations and nominations on behalf of visual arts writers are encouraged.
4) Writers may enter a maximum of two written pieces including catalogue essays or reviews about South Australian visual artists.
5) The work must have been written within a 12 month period, from August 2016 - August 2017 and published online or in print.
6) The judge’s decision will be final and no further correspondence will be entered into.
7) There is one prize of a residential studio space for one month at Phasmid Studios, Berlin including return economy flights for the writer of the winning piece. Recipients must cover their own insurance and living expenses including electricity and gas.
8) The residency must take place within 12 months of the announcement of the recipient of the award (residency period to be mutually agreed upon).
9) Employees and associates of SALA Festival and Phasmid Studios will not be eligible for the award.
10) Please direct any queries to the SALA Festival Office on 08 8233 0676.