South Australian Living Artist Publication
The South Australian Living Artist Publication is an annual opportunity for a South Australian artist to have their visual arts practice celebrated in a high quality book.
There are 23 books in this series, which is published by Wakefield Press and supported by the Government of South Australia. The publication aims to develop audiences and focus on artists’ current and future practice, and is written by an established and an emerging writer. The most recent book features artist Roy Ananda and is now available for purchase. It is written by Andrew Purvis, Bernadette Klavins, and Sean Williams.
Applications for this opportunity are facilitated by the Department of Premier and Cabinet.
Previous books in the series (in chronological order):
- Annette Bezor: A Passionate Gaze, Richard Grayson
- Kathleen Petyarre: Genius of Place, Christine Nicholls and Ian North
- James Darling: Instinct, Imagination, Physical Work, Daniel Thomas
- Nick Mount: Incandescence, Margot Osborne
- Ian W. Abdulla: Elvis Has Entered The Building, Stephen Fox and Janet Maughan
- Deborah Paauwe: Beautiful Games, Wendy Walker
- Michelle Nikou, Ken Bolton
- Aldo Iacobelli: I Heart Painting, John Neylon
- Julie Blyfield, Stephanie Radok and Dick Richards
- Gerry Wedd: Thong Cycle, Mark Thomson
- Angela Valamanesh: About being here, Cath Kenneally
- Khai Liew, Peter Ward
- Hossein Valamanesh: Out of nothingness, Mary Knights and Ian North
- Mark Kimber, Jim Moss
- Stephen Bowers: Beyond Bravura, Damon Moon and John Neylon
- Nicholas Folland, Lisa Slade
- Giles Bettison: Pattern and perception, Margot Osborne
- Catherine Truman: Touching Distance, Melinda Rackham
- Christopher Orchard: The Uncertainty of the Poet, Peter Goldsworthy, Margot Osborne, Roy Ananda, Julia Robinson, and Rod Taylor
- Clare Belfrage: Rhythms of Necessity, Kay Lawrence and Sera Waters
- Louise Haselton: Act Natural, Gillian Brown, Leigh Robb, and Jenna McKenzie
- Kirsten Coelho, Wendy Walker and Glenn Barkley
- Roy Ananda, Andrew Purvis, Bernadette Klavins, Sean Williams
Click on the images below to see which books are still available for purchase. The books are in chronological order.