Welcome to the SALA website.
Your use of this website owned by South Australian Living Artists Incorporated ABN 368 761 047 08 (SALA) (also we, our) is subject to:
- these Terms and Conditions of Use;
- the Intellectual Property Rights Notice;
- our Privacy Statement; and
- any other terms, conditions or notices contained on our website or otherwise.
(together, Web Use Terms)
We reserve the right to amend the Web Use Terms at any time and your use of the website following any amendments will represent your agreement to be bound by the Web Use Terms as amended. We therefore recommend that each time you access our website that you read the Web Use Terms.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- The term “you” in these terms refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- This site is designed for adult Australian residents and is subject to Australian law. In agreeing to purchase from this site you acknowledge that you are 18 years or over.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information, materials, services and venues found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that information and materials on this site may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk. It shall be your own responsibility to use your own care and skill to ensure that any products, services, venues or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- The information we provide on this website is of a general referral nature only. We are not providing professional advice and you should obtain professional or specialist advice that is appropriate to your circumstances and we give no warranty and accept no liability should you use the information without obtaining independent advice.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website including any errors or omissions in such material.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the Intellectual Property Notice, which forms part of these Web Use Terms.
- You must not post or transmit to or via the SALA website any information or material which breaches any laws or regulations, infringes a third party’s rights or privacy or is contrary to any relevant standards or codes including generally accepted community standards. You also must not permit or enable another person to do any of those things.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- We endeavour to ensure that our website is free of any virus, worm, Trojan horse and/or malware, however we are not responsible for any damage to your computer system which arises in connection with your use of our website or any linked website.
- It is a condition of use of this site that you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from all claims, actions, damages, costs and expenses including legal fees arising from or in connection with your use of this website or attendance at any service, exhibit, programme or venue listed herein — your attendance at these venues is at your own risk.
- Any prices on this site are in Australian dollars ($A) and purchases are subject to Australian taxation law including the goods and services tax.
- We will endeavour to keep the price list current but prices are subject to change at any time.
- Limitation of Liability — to the full extent permitted by law, our liability for breach of an implied warranty or condition will not be greater than the amount you paid to access our website.
- Jurisdiction — these terms and conditions are to be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Australia and you agree that any claim made by either party against the other which in any way arises out of these terms and conditions will be heard in South Australia.
- If any provision in these terms and conditions is invalid under any law the provision will be limited, narrowed, construed or altered as necessary to render it valid but only to the extent necessary to achieve such validity. If necessary the invalid provision will be deleted from the Web Use Terms and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
Intellectual Property Notice
- The copyright to all content on this website including applets, software, design, graphics, images, layouts and text belongs to us or we have a licence to use those materials.
- All trade marks, brands and logos which are used on this website are either owned by us or we have a licence to use them. Your access to our website does not license you to use those marks in any way without our (or the relevant owner’s) prior written permission.
- Any comment, feedback, idea or suggestion (Comments) which you provide to us through this website becomes our property. If in future we use your Comments in promoting our website or in any other way, we will not be liable for any similarities which may appear from such use.
- You agree that we are entitled to use your Comments for any commercial or non-commercial purpose without compensation to you or to any other person who has transmitted your Comments.
- If you provide us with Comments, you acknowledge that you are responsible for the content of such material including its legality, originality and copyright.
- When you visit our website, we give you a limited licence to access and use our information for your personal use.
- You are permitted to download a copy of the information on this website to your computer for your personal use only provided that you do not delete or change any copyright symbol, trade mark or other proprietary notice. Your use of our content in any other way may infringe our intellectual property rights.
- Except as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, reproduce, republish, distribute or display any of the information on this website without our prior written permission.
- The licence to access and use the information on our website does not include the right to use any data mining robots or other extraction tools. The licence also does not permit you to metatag or mirror our website without our prior written permission. We reserve the right to prosecute any unauthorised metatagging or mirroring of our website.
- This website may from time to time contain hyperlinks to other websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and we take no responsibility for the content and maintenance of or privacy compliance by any linked website. Any hyperlink on our website to another website does not imply our endorsement, support, or sponsorship of the operator of that website nor of the information and/or products which they provide.
- You may link our website with our consent. Any such linking will be entirely your responsibility and at your expense. By linking, you must not alter any of our website’s contents including any intellectual property notices and you must not frame or reformat any of our pages, files, images, text or other materials.
- As a small non-government not for profit body, we are not subject to the Australian Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988, however we have adopted the privacy principles as set out below.
- We will endeavour to take all due care with any information including Comments which you may provide to us when accessing our website. However we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you may provide to us. Information you transmit to us is entirely at your own risk although we undertake to take reasonable steps to preserve such information in a secure manner.
- Our website makes use of some data that directly or indirectly identifies users.
- Site Visit Data — It is a necessary part of visiting any website that some information is automatically collected and logged due to the nature of communication protocols. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the Internet.
- We make a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes: the user’s server address, the user’s top level domain name (e.g. .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.), the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous site visited and the type of browser used.
- No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the service provider’s logs.
- Collection of Personal Information — we will only record your email address or other supplied details if you send us a request or complete a form online. Supplied information will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list unless you have requested this. Unless required by law, we will not use your email or other addresses for any other purpose, and will not disclose them without your consent.
- This site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
- User Feedback — we seek feedback from our users in order to improve the service offered by the site. Answering feedback questions is voluntary and does not in any way affect your access to our website/s. Feedback should be addressed to email@example.com. Through the process of obtaining feedback to this address our staff become aware of the email address from which feedback is sent. Your email address will not be added to a mailing list or used for any other purpose without your consent.
- Data Storage, Use and Disclosure, and Retention — all personal data described herein is stored in transmission logs, and archived for a period that is likely to exceed 12 months. The data is used by our website software and by staff involved in our operations only for website and system administration, including monitoring to prevent security breaches, customising of the website to user needs and evaluation, research and development.
- Identified data can only be re-disclosed to the user if the user provides the unique request session number. Identified data may be disclosed to a third party only in circumstances in which such disclosure is legally authorised, such as in the investigation of a criminal offence, and in compliance with a search warrant or subpoena.
- Complaints About Privacy — if you have any complaints relating to online privacy issues on our website/s, please notify the Privacy Contact Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While SALA Inc. accepts no liability for any material or links posted to its websites, we will investigate all complaints.
- Changes to our Privacy Statement — If we decide to change our Privacy Statement we will post those changes here on our website.
- Contact us — complete contact information is available on our contacts page.
- No sale of personal information — under no circumstances will we sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.